Essentials massage therapy is Omaha's best choice for professional therapeutic massage. We at Essentials believe massage therapy is an integral part of whole body health and is synergistic with chiropractic care. It is natural to seek out one discipline with the hopes of getting better, but to get faster results that last longer the combination of massage therapy and chiropractic care is the optimal choice. Advantages of combining massage and chiropractic care can include adjustments that last longer, massage benefits that last longer, easier adjustments, and faster healing.
On its own, massage therapy can benefit the body in so many ways. When a person is massaged, it enables the body's natural ability to heal itself as it stimulates the circulatory and lymph systems. Some benefits of massage are:
- relieves stress and calms the nervous system
- increases joint flexibility and range of motion
- relaxes the body
- exercises and stretches tired, weak, tight, aching, and atrophied muscles
- diminishes chronic pain
- reduces muscle spasms and cramping
- releases endorphins - amino acids that your body naturally produces to act as a painkiller
- distributes oxygen and nutrients throughout the body
- minimize postsurgical scars, adhesions, and swelling
- encourages tissue regeneration to reduce scar tissue and stretch marks
- decreases depression and anxiety
- enhances sleep quality
- improves concentration
At Essentials, we offer a wide range of Licensed Massage Therapists who tailor each session to each individual patient/client based on his or her needs. Each LMT utilizes different techniques from various modalities to address each person's individual concerns. This ensures that you get the best therapeutic massage for your body.